Sunday, July 20, 2008

You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs, smokin' on dubs in clubs blowin' up like cocoa puffs.

So, I didn't see Nelly nor did I learn the mid-west swang, but I have had a wonderful time in the 'Lou.  I visited my cousin Laura over the past four days and have had a wonderful time.  Thanks to her friends Lindsey and Mary who have, without knowing me, allowed me to take over their living room.  I'm going about 3 weeks straight of sleeping on a couch, and my back hasn't felt better!

So, one of the many activities I participated in was going to an OAR concert with the 3 ladies pictured above.  It was in downtown St. Louis and it was awesome!  The beer flowed, the fireworks rang, and I actually knew a few of the songs they sang.  


We also did a lot of the typical touristy things while I was there.  My cousin Laura hooked me up!  We first went to the famous Arch.  This gateway to the west of freaking massive.  We took a pod to the top.  These pods, pictured below, are unneccesarily small.  I got to know my friends Mary and Lindsey all too well in the 4 minutes ride to the top.  Then, my extreme fear of heights kicked in.  You get some great views of the city but my vertigo kicked in so it was nice to get down.  
Then, we hit up the Anheiser-Busch Brewery.  Awesome.  I saw Clydesdales.  I drank free beer.  I saw an assembly line that packs 1930 cans of beer a minute.   There is nothing more I needed that day.
Other than that, I hit up a few restaurants and bars in St. Louis.  Today, we went to the Cardinals-Padres game.  I'll get some pictures taken by my cousin later.  Great game, though - walk-off grandslam to win in the 9th.  Anyway, off to Chicago tomorrow via train.  I've taken most every form of transportation on this trip - except train.  It's a 5 hour and 40 minute trip but it should be ok.  Until then, time to work on my mid-western drawl...

No comments: