Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chillaxing ginormously in Cozumel.

I hate combining words like giant and enormous.  Cozumel was neither, but it is the biggest island in Mexico.  Honestly, this was my favorite part the Yucitan excursion.  We rode on a ferry into a port.  From there, we took some scooters around the island to various bars and beaches.  From what I understand, that is all that exists on this island - bars and beaches.
This is me and Evin...I mean Evin and I...on the southern point (Punta...which I thought was a dirty word...sur) of Cozumel.  The funny part of this is the "do not stand on the Punta Sur" sign that exists just below the picture, which was edited out.
These are our scooters.  Evin rode the green one.  I drove the red one while Marc rode, no homo.  I can honestly say that the first hour or so riding this scooter was the most dangerous and scary activity I have ever participated in.  The flemsy helmets that rationed to us would not break the 100 mile and hour fall that would have ensued on the highway I was driving on.  We should have died.
This is another Marc model pose, with Jesus, the newly named puppy, after the waiter at the Italian restaurant who unloaded tequila shots on us, leading to stealing a golf cart.
That's me.  Good god my butt looks toned.
This is the funniest sign I saw in Mexico.  When I own a bar, there will be at least 10 at the bar.  "Bad tippers burn in hell."  Harsh, but effective.
This is one of the many random places to drink on a remote beach.  This is a theme in Mexico.  Hell, this is a theme in every other country in the world except for the United States.
Evin.  Stud.  God of Caribbean.  
Jamaican-me-crazy!  No, we didn't jump the shore.  This was a Jamaican bar.  This is actually where Bob Marley is still alive.  Also Elvis, Tupac, and a really wrinkly Emelia Earhardt are working the bar.  Tip this or you're going to hell!  This is also where every stray dog in the world comes to hibernate.  They're all so cute, though!

This is Cozumel's newly named "Muscle Beach."

No comments: